Hauling refrigerated goods around the country is no easy task, especially if you’re traveling through cold areas in the winter. On top of protecting refrigerated products in North Charleston, SC, you’ve got to think about how the weather outside may affect the cargo. After all, you don’t want it to freeze! This post will give you some pointers when it comes to keeping those goods safe:
- Use the right shipping container: The first step in ensuring your refrigerated goods arrive in one piece and without any damage from outside temperatures is to use the right container. Transport your products in a reefer container outfitted with a refrigeration unit that can control the internal temperature. If your load is smaller, use a van trailer equipped with a heater to keep everything protected.
- Increase your budget: With special shipping accommodations comes a higher cost. The reefers mentioned above run at a higher rate than traditional dry trailers, but they’re necessary if you want everything to stay safe. Your carrier will either offer a flat surcharge or an added cost-per-mile charge for shipping.
- Plan the route: Avoiding nasty winter weather is the name of the game when it comes to refrigerated product transportation in North Charleston, SC. When possible, it’s always a good idea to take a route leading through warmer southern states than those further north. Even if it means adding a few more miles to the trip, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Hire an experienced team: If you’re shipping refrigerated products, do your research and use a carrier with some experience. Experienced drivers already know all of the information above, so you can rest easy knowing your items will arrive safely and on time.
Why choose All Points Transport?
All Points Transport is the best in the business when it comes to refrigerated product transportation in North Charleston, SC. These are just a few of the reasons why our customers turn to us for all of their shipping needs:
- Skilled drivers and staff: As mentioned above, you always want to work with experienced pros when dealing with refrigerated shipping. That’s exactly what you get when you choose our team! Our drivers have hundreds of thousands of miles under their belts, and all of our staff members know the ins and outs of refrigerated shipping.
- Deliveries wherever you need them: Whether you need products delivered across town or across the country, we’re up to the challenge. On top of taking your goods to their destination, you can count on them arriving on time.
- Wide range of services: From refrigerated shipping to transporting hazardous materials, we can do it all! Additionally, our trucks are capable of handling overweight loads, so there’s really nothing we can’t handle.
As you can tell, nobody beats us when it comes to shipping! Whether you’re transporting non-perishable items or you’re worried about protecting refrigerated products in North Charleston, SC, we’re the team for the job. Contact All Points Transport today to get a quote for our services.
Categorised in: Reefer Shipping